GTD stands for Getting Things Done. With the GTD method, people can do their work and activities in a short period of time but with high productivity. In fact, the summary of this method is that with the GTD technique, we can do and finish the work without stress.
In today’s busy modern life, people cannot handle their work if they do not use time management techniques; Therefore, it is essential for everyone to use time management techniques such as the GTD technique to help people identify and prioritize what needs to be done so that they can focus on the most important.
The GTD method is based on the fact that people should not leave any task halfway and move on to another task, but this task should be finished in order to move on to the next task.
So, by using this technique, you are going to finish your to-do list in planning, so if you like to take another step closer to personal development and growth by using GTD, stay with us until the end of this article.
GTD method planning
GTD style planning helps you to improve your time management and scheduling skills and fulfill your commitments in a stress-free and efficient way.
This gradually reduces stress and makes you perform your activities in a stress-free and efficient way.
The basic idea of the GTD technique is to write down everything you do to make sure you don’t forget anything. In the long run, you will be less stressed because you won’t need to remember everything. And since you won’t have to constantly remember the important tasks, your mind will be less focused on the planned tasks in the unpleasant tasks of the day.
By doing this, the mind can better focus on the tasks at hand because nothing else is running in the back of your mind.
The GTD basic planning checklist is as follows:
- Start collecting: clear your mind; Write down the ideas and information you have in mind.
- Prioritization: At this stage, you should categorize your ideas and activities and prioritize them.
- Timing: Basic planning needs good and accurate timing, this timing is important from two aspects. First, with this work, we understand what to do and when. In addition, it helps us prioritize tasks.
- Reviewing: Reviewing helps us move information into our long-term memory. Sometimes we need to stop working so hard, take a step back and think about what we are doing and how we are doing it.
- Start: To start, you should choose your first task based on the prioritization you did and plan to do it from tomorrow. This planning will also include making an action list and designing a road map, so make sure to do it carefully. To understand the importance of this issue, you need to know that having a plan will increase your concentration while doing work.
GTD technique implementation method
The most important thing after learning the principles of GTD is to implement these principles and to be able to apply them in our lives. You can do this in two classic and modern ways. Make sure that both implementation methods are suitable and there is no problem.
The classic method of implementing GTD (physical)
If you plan to implement the GTD system with paper, you can prepare the various necessary items and start your work. The things you need are probably notebooks, calendars, etc.
The modern method of implementing GTD (digital)
Some like me like to implement GTD using technology. If you are like me, you can use the software that I will introduce below.
One of the best tools that can be used to use the GTD method is Rada planning and scheduling application.
GTD method planning; the final word
In this article, we learned that with the help of the GTD method, we can largely distance ourselves from the things and tasks that occupy the snake’s mind and even forget them.
For this reason, we recommend you that if you are looking for progress and you like to have a focused mind while doing your work, you must use the GTD method so that you can get the desired result by planning and categorizing your work.
If you have used this method so far, we will be happy to share your experience with us.